Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Experience with Laser Hair Removal

Hey guys & gals, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. I decided to translate this post because I know a lot of you out there are wondering about laser hair removal and how the whole thing works.

I know this is a strange subject to blog about but I was thinking, hey if it’s something that my readers can learn and benefit from then I guess it’s worth writing about.  Anywho, it never crossed my mind to get laser hair removal, I was perfectly content with waxing every 3-4 weeks and that did it for me. One day while I was getting waxed at the Salon I’ve been going to for years, the esthetician asked me why I didn’t just get laser hair removal. I explained to her that it’s pretty pricey and that I had heard that it’s painful. She told me not to worry about the price that she usually has packages and special offers for her clients and that the benefits of laser hair removal definitely overweighed the pain.

After months of thinking it over I decided to go for it. The area I wanted to get done was the bikini line because it has always been a very sensitive area for me and just the thought of never having to shave again made it worth every penny.
My esthetician explained the process and told me some norms to keep in mind when getting the procedure done:
- The day before your appointment make sure to shave the area you are getting laser.
-The amount of sessions depends on the area. For me, it’s about 10 sessions to completely kill the hair follicle. 
-The 1st 6 sessions are every 3 weeks, after that it’s ever 6 weeks. It’s very important to keep track and go to the sessions so the procedure is effective and you don’t waste your money.
-The time that each session takes depends the area you are treating. For me it’s about 10 minutes.
- The laser zaps an area about the size of a nickel.

I would describe the pain like when you get stung with a needle and it doesn’t last more than a minute; it isn’t anything worth crying for. In on my 7th session and I have to admit I am head over heels in love with the results, it’s amazing. My sister was so amazed by my results that she decided to get laser in her armpits and it only took 6 sessions to completely kill the hair follicle, plus it lightened up her underarm skin. Some of the benefits are: cost effective, lightens skin, doesn’t irritate the skin and your days of shaving are long gone, you can go to the beach anytime without hassles!

Laser hair removal is more popular every day amongst men & women of all ages and I would recommend it 100%, especially to those people with sensitive skin that suffer horrible razor burn or bumps every time they have to shave.

I hope my experience was helpful in some way & if any of you have any doubts or questions, feel free to leave them in the comment section.

Take care!
- Sabi <3


2 comments: